As a business, we grow, we learn, and we seek knowledge to constantly improve our service, our company, and our methods. Yet our core purpose “to move people forward” is always on the forefront of our minds. As much as we move forward into the digital age of business, we will never lose touch with the human element of providing friendly faces and helping hands during your times of change. Whether you are relocating to a new floor in your current apartment, or from a townhome to a new single family home, we are the Movers Who Care® and will continue to strive to be your family’s first phone call each and every time you need to move. Through our updated training programs and courses, we learn every day and work hard always to provide you with the best service possible.
- We were voted in North Georgia as Best of the Best Moving Company in 2016!
- We talked with you at the Tri State Home Show in February as well as became inspired for our own in office remodel!
- We gathered thousands of donations for The Partnership for Women and Families during our Annual Movers for Moms® campaign.
- Winning Best of the Best Moving Company for the 7th year in a row in Chattanooga!
- We gave out UTC Mocs cups during Home football games and got to know many of you who are interested in moving, or who have already moved with us.
- Did you see us on News Channel 9 or Channel 3 for our Boxtume Costume ideas? We made a Claw machine and a Popcorn costume out of our heavy duty dish cell boxes for Halloween.
- We have continued our partnership with the Chattanooga Furniture Bank, bringing donations to the center and donations to our community members in need.
- Have you seen our billboard sign on Highway 153?
Upon reflection of 2016, we want to thank our Chattanooga community for your continued referrals. We have many goals and ideas for an even better 2017! Stay tuned for a new office location next year, more trucks on the roads, and more.
- Hire Movers! Hiring movers will take most of the stress out of your move day, and out of planning and organizing the disassembly and reassembly of your furniture. Here at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® we strive to do just that: help you de-stress while we do the work! We will wrap your furniture, pack, and even unpack. We will even help you decide how to arrange your furniture if you can’t decide. The great part about our services is we can customize your moving plan based on your budget and needs! It is best to call us about 2-4 weeks before your move, especially if it will be at the end of the month.
- Breathing Exercises. Sometimes, unexpected circumstances arise that you cannot control. The old trick of taking ten deep breathes while closing your eyes really can help. Breathe in and out a few times heavily. Visualize yourself somewhere fun like on the beach, or in your new home with everything all set up the way you like—a crisp Fall flower display on your nightstand, the windows open, and sunshine swimming in your new Bay windows!
- Play your favorite music! Blast the Eagles, Billy Joel, or anyone else who rocks your heart out!
- Label Your Boxes. Make sure to label the boxes by the room they are moving into.
- Take A Walk around your old home, apartment, or condo while we are shrink wrapping your furniture. Take pictures with your cell phone of each room so that you never forget the memories you had here. Hopefully, most of them were good, but if not, know that in the future your new home will be the perfect place to begin new again.
Call us today for your free quote! 423-893-3450.
It’s officially SUMMER! To us, this means the busiest move season of the entire year. On Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® will experience its busiest weekend of the year, totaling 5,400 moves across the country in just those two days. This averages out to about 21 moves per franchise or three moves each minute! We can’t wait to get started, as this will be a great opportunity to move so many of our customers forward on to the next chapters of their lives.
While we are excited about moving people forward, we also realize that this is a stressful time for those moving. Having that in mind, we’ve put together some tips and tricks to help you keep your COOL during your summer move!
- Call us early. The earlier you call and book your move with us, the better. We want you to secure the date and time that you want! With the busier summer months, we tend to book up quicker on the weekends. Don’t delay.
- Take advantage. Summertime means yard sale season. Take this time to your advantage and get rid of some of that stuff you have hiding deep inside your attic or basement.
- Be organized. Start packing early, clearly label your boxes, keep track of important documents, and plan ahead for children and pets on the day of your move.
- Notify a month prior. Contact your bank, insurance provider, employer, and magazines or newspapers you subscribe to. Also, notify each utility company that you are using of the day you are moving, and arrange for your new accounts to be started when you arrive at your new house.
- Create a “Must Haves” box. This includes things like toiletries, snacks, pet food, phone chargers, cleaning products, etc. You’ll want to have this box handy when you first move in.
- Know what we CAN and CAN’T move. There are few items we are unable to move due to certain rules and regulations. Federal law bans moving companies from the transportation of any hazardous materials including propane, paint, antifreeze, or ammunition to name a few. This means items that have gas in them such as lawnmowers and grills are also prohibited. Other items we are unable to move include food, money, jewelry, living things including plants and animals, and other sentimental items.
- Stay Cool. Literally. On the day of your move drink a lot of water. The heat takes it out of you! Also, be considerate of your hired moving crew. They’re used to the heat and work in these conditions daily, but they too need to cool down every once and a while and stay hydrated, too.
- Dress accordingly. It’s going to be HOT. Wear something lightweight so you don’t burn up! However, you’ll want to avoid flip flops… you don’t want a broken toe on your moving day.
- Last, but not least, RELAX. Moving is an exciting experience that starts a brand new chapter in your life. We can help you do all the work, just guide us in the right direction!
If you or someone you know needs help during their next summer move, have them give us a call (423) 893-3450 for a FREE quote! You can even use our online form for your quote, too! No move is too big or too small for us. Let us take the heat off, so you can cool down!
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more updates and tips and tricks!
Moving can be a very stressful process if you are not prepared. Before you start your physical move, you should organize everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. If you are lucky enough to plan your next move early, check out this timeline to get yourself organized!
Two Months Prior:
- Minimize your move. Go through every room in your home and decide what you should keep and what you should toss. Don’t forget about the basement, attic, and garage (we know that’s where you keep most of your things.)
- Take Inventory. Take stock of every valuable item that you plan on moving. If you want to take extra precaution, take a picture of your item along with a description.
- Make a Binder. You know all of those records and important documents for you and your family? It’s a good idea to have them in one place so you won’t misplace anything during your move.
- Research. You should decide if you are going to be moving yourself or hire a moving company to help. *Expert Tip- when interviewing moving companies make sure to ask if they are insured, and if they hire full and part time movers rather than temporary movers, and also their rate.*
- Prepare to Pack. Order boxes and other packing supplies. Don’t foregt to order a lot of bubble wrap and tape for your fragile items!
One Month Prior:
- Begin Packing. Start with the items that you don’t frequently use, and clearly label each box with the name of the room it is assigned to and its contents.
- Pick your moving company. If you have decided to use a moving company, now would be a good time to book them. The earlier you book the better so you can secure your ideal date and time for your move.
- Notify utility companies. The last thing you want to do is pay for utilities that you’re not using. Notify each company of the day that you’re moving, and arrange for your new accounts to be started when you arrive in your new home.
One Week Prior:
- Finish Packing. Remember to pack important and sentimental items separately so they are easily accessible. Plan on keeping this box with you personally when you move.
- Confirm Move. Confirm the time the movers will arrive at your home to begin the big move. You will also want to verify your new home address with them and make sure they have your updated contact information.
- CLEAN. To save you time, start cleaning the rooms that you don’t use as often. *Expert Tip #2- have a survival closet containing things for the last cleanup before you officially move out. For example a broom, mop, windex, etc.*
The Big Day:
- Pack your suitcase. Place essential items and clothes for the day/night. You’ll definitely be exhausted after your move, and when its time to get ready for bed, the last thing you’ll want to do is dig through boxes.
- Eat! Are you surprised this one is listed? Its going to be a long day so make sure you eat a healthy meal before your move.
- Initial Walk-through. Take the time for an initial walk-through with your movers. Do a thorough inventory of the items they will be moving. You’ll be glad you did this.
- Lock up. Finally it is time to leave your old home behind. Walk through the entire home and make sure everything is out. You’ll also want to make sure the windows are locked, the lights are off, and all the doors are closed and locked as well.
Our company name can be somewhat deceiving. When people think of TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® , they often think of just that – two movers and only one truck. However, we are much more than that.
We have a team of men with over 20 trucks at our Chattanooga location!
We are a FULL service moving company meaning, we take care of it all for your home or your business needs. Whether it involves packing up your entire kitchen or moving all your belongings from Chattanooga to your new home in Nashville.
If you need us to come out and move just one heavy object like a piano or gun-safe, we can do that. Sometimes we are even called to rearrange furniture in entire rooms during a renovation project, or just to refresh a rooms’ appearance!
We offer several options that you can choose from to create a personalized moving experience. We also offer moving and storage services that include, professionally trained movers, expedited delivery, exclusive use of our trucks, online shipment tracking so you can find out the status of your interstate moving shipment in real time. We will also provide full-service packing or do-it-yourself packing in which we just supply the packing materials.
You tell us what you want, and we will deliver – literally! We know that moving is a stressful thing and we try to make it the best possible experience for you.
Call us today 423-893-3450 or use our online tool for a free quote on your next move!
Movers for Moms® this year was a phenomenal success! Thanks to our Chattanooga community and partners throughout town, we collected over 3,500 donations to give to the Partnership for Women and Families Domestic Violence Shelter. Our final number for donations given is 3,554! We donated furniture including a baby bed and a couple of strollers, over 100 body wash and lotion items, 16 sets of sheets, and over 200 articles of clothing (just to name a few!).
Below, you see our HR Specialist, Michelle, posing with one of the strollers we received to donate:
We love giving back to our community. It is one of our core values, and my personal favorite!
Here we are wrapping up at the unload:
Thank you Chattanooga Community!
We love our Pets!
Here we have all of the office staff’s pets in one place! We have all moved in the last few years, and while moving is stressful for us, it’s potentially even more stressful for our pets! Whether you love dogs, cats, fish, snakes, or pet rocks, here are some tips for moving with your pet and keeping him or her safe:
- Do not keep your pet at home when you move. Pets can have anxiety about moving, and being in a safe place with people that they trust is better than being in a home where items are being moved in and out of all day. See if you can keep your pet at a family member’s house or a friend’s place for the day. Or, if you have a dog, try one of Chattanooga’s local Doggie Day Care centers. Our Sales and Marketing manager, Casey, takes her dog to The Ark Pet Spa and Hotel.
- While we hope your furry friends adjust to their new homes, they often get homesick, too. If he or she takes off running, it might be to look for your old home. Luckily, with microchipping available, anyone who finds Frodo or Sadie and takes him/her to a shelter or vet will be able to locate you.
- Buy a new name tag. Attach a new name tag to your pet with updated information.
- If you are moving fish, remember to use tank water and a small container to place them in. Transport fish in your personal vehicle and do not use freshwater straight from the sink or tap.
- If you do choose to keep your pet at the home you are moving out of, make sure your TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® movers are aware. Keep your pet in a fence or a separate room.
- Give your pets extra love and do a “walk-through” of your new location with them. Remember, your pets will be just as anxious as you are, but with a little extra love and care they will adjust quickly to their new homes!
This week in the office we’ve been trying to fit donations into our Movers for Moms® Boxes!
What is Movers for Moms®? It is our annual campaign to raise awareness and to collect much needed donations for women and children living in local shelters. Each year, franchises across the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® system nationally and locally organize and collect donations to give to women in need and their families. Here in Chattanooga we give the donations to the Partnership for Women’s Domestic Violence Shelter. In 2015, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® system-wide collected 230,000 donation items for moms in need across the country.
This year, we have gathered many wonderful donations from the Chattanooga community already. Last week we received generous donations in our office of soap, towels, sheets, shampoos, conditioners, and more! We are still in great need of art supplies, clothing, toothpaste, feminine products, and diapers. We have many local businesses who have offered to help and who have donation boxes ready to collect and help us with this campaign! We could not do it without you. In addition, if you have larger items to donate including furniture, please give our office a call! We will come pick it up from you and take it to our holding center until Mother’s Day. Make your mother proud by making another mother smile!
Good Morning! We’re here getting ready for 3 weddings in the office and time flies when you’ve got three homes to merge. Thankfully, we work for a great company that provides all the moving and packing supplies we need here in our office for when the time comes! (all three are this Fall!) Our supply of dish cells, bubble wrap, ink-less packing paper, and sturdy tape will definitely come in handy. Over the years, we have moved many people into merged homes. Here are some tips for combining households:
- Create a Donation Box. Donate all items that you and your spouse have two of. Got an extra toaster? There are plenty of charities around that would be very appreciative of your donation!
- Decide which room to place each item and label boxes accordingly.
- Sell expensive items that you might have two of. Do you have two brand new Keurig Coffee Makers? Sell one and use the extra cash for rent, buying your dream home, or to put in savings.
- Agree on basic items you still need to purchase and wait until the move is over to buy them. It is better to move in with less clutter than too much.
- Spring Cleaning is in Season! Clean, declutter, and spend some time outdoors while TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® takes care of your packing, moving, and rearranging in your new homes!