We love our Pets!
Here we have all of the office staff’s pets in one place! We have all moved in the last few years, and while moving is stressful for us, it’s potentially even more stressful for our pets! Whether you love dogs, cats, fish, snakes, or pet rocks, here are some tips for moving with your pet and keeping him or her safe:
- Do not keep your pet at home when you move. Pets can have anxiety about moving, and being in a safe place with people that they trust is better than being in a home where items are being moved in and out of all day. See if you can keep your pet at a family member’s house or a friend’s place for the day. Or, if you have a dog, try one of Chattanooga’s local Doggie Day Care centers. Our Sales and Marketing manager, Casey, takes her dog to The Ark Pet Spa and Hotel.
- While we hope your furry friends adjust to their new homes, they often get homesick, too. If he or she takes off running, it might be to look for your old home. Luckily, with microchipping available, anyone who finds Frodo or Sadie and takes him/her to a shelter or vet will be able to locate you.
- Buy a new name tag. Attach a new name tag to your pet with updated information.
- If you are moving fish, remember to use tank water and a small container to place them in. Transport fish in your personal vehicle and do not use freshwater straight from the sink or tap.
- If you do choose to keep your pet at the home you are moving out of, make sure your TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® movers are aware. Keep your pet in a fence or a separate room.
- Give your pets extra love and do a “walk-through” of your new location with them. Remember, your pets will be just as anxious as you are, but with a little extra love and care they will adjust quickly to their new homes!