It’s officially SUMMER! To us, this means the busiest move season of the entire year. On Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® will experience its busiest weekend of the year, totaling 5,400 moves across the country in just those two days. This averages out to about 21 moves per franchise or three moves each minute! We can’t wait to get started, as this will be a great opportunity to move so many of our customers forward on to the next chapters of their lives.
While we are excited about moving people forward, we also realize that this is a stressful time for those moving. Having that in mind, we’ve put together some tips and tricks to help you keep your COOL during your summer move!
- Call us early. The earlier you call and book your move with us, the better. We want you to secure the date and time that you want! With the busier summer months, we tend to book up quicker on the weekends. Don’t delay.
- Take advantage. Summertime means yard sale season. Take this time to your advantage and get rid of some of that stuff you have hiding deep inside your attic or basement.
- Be organized. Start packing early, clearly label your boxes, keep track of important documents, and plan ahead for children and pets on the day of your move.
- Notify a month prior. Contact your bank, insurance provider, employer, and magazines or newspapers you subscribe to. Also, notify each utility company that you are using of the day you are moving, and arrange for your new accounts to be started when you arrive at your new house.
- Create a “Must Haves” box. This includes things like toiletries, snacks, pet food, phone chargers, cleaning products, etc. You’ll want to have this box handy when you first move in.
- Know what we CAN and CAN’T move. There are few items we are unable to move due to certain rules and regulations. Federal law bans moving companies from the transportation of any hazardous materials including propane, paint, antifreeze, or ammunition to name a few. This means items that have gas in them such as lawnmowers and grills are also prohibited. Other items we are unable to move include food, money, jewelry, living things including plants and animals, and other sentimental items.
- Stay Cool. Literally. On the day of your move drink a lot of water. The heat takes it out of you! Also, be considerate of your hired moving crew. They’re used to the heat and work in these conditions daily, but they too need to cool down every once and a while and stay hydrated, too.
- Dress accordingly. It’s going to be HOT. Wear something lightweight so you don’t burn up! However, you’ll want to avoid flip flops… you don’t want a broken toe on your moving day.
- Last, but not least, RELAX. Moving is an exciting experience that starts a brand new chapter in your life. We can help you do all the work, just guide us in the right direction!
If you or someone you know needs help during their next summer move, have them give us a call (423) 893-3450 for a FREE quote! You can even use our online form for your quote, too! No move is too big or too small for us. Let us take the heat off, so you can cool down!